How are pickled preserves made? Recipe for all kinds of vegetables
When we observe that the vegetables are being consumed in the refrigerator, we look for ways to do something so we don’t lose them completely. In fact, the best option to take advantage of them is to make canned vegetables in vinegar.
It is an easy recipe to make with all kinds of vegetables, in addition the ingredients that it contains do not indicate quantity and especially vegetables. It all depends on the vegetables that we have left at home.
Regarding the brine, it works as a filling and in this case the amount of ingredients that are required is specified, then we will see everything that is needed and the step by step of the preparation:
Recipe for all kinds of vegetables
Let us learn how pickles are made:
Ingredients for the brine:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of Vinegar
- 8 bay leaves
- 10 whole black peppers
- 6 cloves
- 2-3 tbsp. of oregano
- 1 to 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Green onion
- small potatoes
- First of all, the corresponding containers, lids and utensils must be sterilized. Let it boil for about 45 minutes, then let it dry well on absorbent paper.
- In this step we continue with the brine, we boil enough water in a pot, we add the vinegar, salt and sugar. We remove well and reserve.
- We let the vegetables cook until the hardness is removed, but we should not exceed more than five minutes to make them crispy. In the case of potatoes, you could leave a few more minutes of cooking.
- Once they are cooked, we pass them to the sterilized container and fill with brine. It is important to remove any air bubbles and shake the jars where we have passed it a little, the brine should always be above the vegetables.
- Finally, we put the lid on and it is not necessary to press hard. Remember, add the spices to taste in each jar.
- To finish, again we are going to sterilize the jars with the vegetables inside for about 45 minutes.
- Once this time has elapsed, turn off the burner and let cool.
- Next and final step, we tap the jars to remove air and tighten the jar lids securely. We reserve in a dark and dry environment, leaving it to rest for 15 days and ready to consume.
We now have these exquisite canned vegetables in vinegar ready to eat!
If we want to give the vegetables a more attractive touch, we can cut them with wavy slices.
Some vegetables only require a few minutes of cooking to soften them, but you can also fry some of them with 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil. In this same step, we can add some spices to taste to give it more flavor.
With regard to vinegar for preserves, you can use white vinegar, apple cider vinegar and white wine vinegar.
The selection of vegetables that we are going to use in the preserves is to our liking, we also take into account how much variety of vegetables we have in the kitchen.