How to get rid of termites: 3 infallible tricks
Termites are actually very old insects of the earth. They preferentially feed on wood or wooden furniture, as well as cardboard, some clothing fabrics, cellulose, etc.
In fact, there are more than 2,600 species of these insects and they are divided into three classes: dry wood, underground and wet wood.
However, according to experts, they are similar to white ants, although there are differences between the two. For example, to realize and be able to combat them:
For starters, termites don’t go outside like white ants.
Also, the color of the ant can vary to black, red, yellow or dark brown, while termites are white.
Regarding the antennae of ants, they are bent inwards, while the antennae of termites are straight.
The abdomen of ants is usually narrow, unlike termites which is wide and flattened.
Having clear what the differences are, we will now learn how to eliminate termites from furniture so that they do not ruin it.
How to get rid of termites on wooden furniture
We will learn to do it through 3 tricks that do not fail.
Trick #1: How to eliminate termites with boric acid
To do this we will need the following:
We will need:
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp. of boric acid
- 200 ml. milk
- 2 microfiber cloths
- 1 pair of gloves
- First of all, we put on the gloves and mix the boric acid with the milk and also the teaspoon of sugar in a container. We must ensure that they integrate well completely.
- Next step, we pour a little of the mixture on one of the microfiber cloths and pass it over the gaps, dimples and any cracks, we press it a little, leaving it to act for a few minutes.
- To finish, we passed the other clean cloth and that’s it.
Recommendation: This procedure can be repeated twice a week until they are completely eliminated.
Trick #2: How to eliminate termites with orange oil
This method is one of the most effective remedies because it has a substance that adversely affects insects when they feed on the wood of furniture, ceilings, etc.
- Simply, a little orange oil is applied with the help of a microfiber cloth or rag on the areas where there are termites.
- If we can generously apply orange oil, it will be much better to exterminate this plague and at the same time our home will smell delicious.
An excellent trick to follow and put an end to this annoying pest!
Trick#3: How to eliminate termites with white vinegar
For this trick, we will only need to pour the juice of 2 lemons into a container and 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- After adding both ingredients and mixing them thoroughly in a container, we pour it into a spray bottle.
- Then, we spray it on the areas where they are infested with termites. We do it about 2 times a day, at least.
Ready to use and watch the great results and put an end to the termite infestation!